Sunday, December 5, 2010

Emergency number

I wanted to talk to some one. Was flipping the numbers in my phone was trying to think when was the last time I was trying to do this? May be a year back? Nahh!!!!!

I am reading the novel of Cecelia Ahern which talks about dialing an emergency number which everyone would remember by heart that at any worst circumstances of ones life.
Looking back I want you all to get into a thought process of what’s your emergency number was/is?

For me it was always dad who was my emergency number, car kharab-that emergency number, School declared a holiday all of a sudden-dad’s number was my emergency number, I am late for college-my emergency number! Besides all this, there was day when I wanted to call someone when dad was in hospital, I wanted another emergency number to call, it was 1 or rather 2 at night, I was all alone, pa was rushed to hospital, in hospital neither ma’s number nor was lavi’s number reachable! It was then first time in my life I flipped my phone, wondering whom should I call?
Relatives? No one was in Delhi to come immediately rather they will all be stressed out thinking what has happened!
Neighbors? No what will they do?
Friends? Yes friends I can call…though they may not reach immediately, may be they will, but at least if things get worse they will, I knew.

I flipped my phone again which number should I dial? And then I had got my emergency number.
All I did was called and started crying, as I would have never done before in my life.
The person freaked out without understanding what has happened? But didn’t say a word and let me cry and say what I wanted to, but I am sure that understanding of what I was saying was impossible because of two reasons, one I was crying and speaking, second it was 2 at night. And next day was his exam, but that never was my concern, and he spoke for next two hours and then on my request started calling my parents, which I also started doing. And ironically it wasn’t me but he who got my sis line first and said call Sharanya now, and I realized by that time all had reached home, I over heard the voice at door, my mom’s, then sis and then when I heard my dad’s voice! I was relieved! All three are back, without even asking them what happened at hospital, I knew now every one is home and fine, and slept off…without realizing that the emergency number was still awaiting for me to call back and say thank you everything is fine!

Exams were over and it was afternoon that I realized that I had forgotten because my old emergency number was active, I had forgotten to even bother about the new one!!!!!!
From that day onwards I knew I had two emergency numbers. Nuisance emergencies were to him, and necessary ones to pa. Things were going on well, but things had to change.

And after a recent incident, I again realized everyone has their own lives to worry about and the emergency number has to be updated as and when life moves on, according to situation, but I have the brain to understand that, but how do I explain that to my phone?
Whenever I pick the phone it starts dialing the same two emergency numbers! One will remain forever but other I don’t know, if at all the other number would even ring if I dial?

So keep updating your emergency number and a personal suggestions is you always should have 2 emergency numbers!!!!!!:-)
And make sure after reading this, you are giving a call to both your emergency number and say thank you for always being with you when u want them!:-)

2 comments: