Friday, March 25, 2011

The Voice

I had written a blog some time back, and a friend who has started following my blogs recently, started discussing my blog. And the conclusion we came to was, every human being needs a company to live, to survive in life.

Well I met this friend by chance, we spoke by chance and it landed into a unique friendship.This person suddenly pinged me one day saying, “ mujhe aapko kuch sunana hai, whenever you are free tell me, we will catch up.” I became so inquisitive that I gave a call, coming for a coffee? I want the surprise now. And we met, and he introduced me to yaad sheher by nilesh misra.

And whenever I would come home tired and laptop would be given to me by my sister (which is very rare), I listen to yaad sheher.

Today lavi is traveling to Delhi, so laptop is all mine. I started listening to yaad sheher.
And today story was very unique on shayar on call. I used to call a friend shayar on message during my college days, and there was a time when we friends used to talk only in shayari language. Don’t know how they used to be, but it was fun. Professor would be taking class and we would be thinking shayari and typing them. So I wanted to hear this episode of yaad sheher.

So few lines of the episode that made me wonder.

1. Chehre sach kahen na kahe, aawaz sach keh deti(face may lie but voice says the truth)
2. Rishta aawaz ka!koi silsila nahi awaz ke alwa, kal jaane yeh rishta rahe na rahe.(a relationship with voice, and nothing else, and you never know if this will remain after this or not)
3. Phone call jo tanhayi bharte the, wooh ab shor lagne lage the. (A call / voice which used to fulfill the loneliness once, has become noise now)
4. Chale jaane ko kaha, chup chali gayi.(I told her to go, and she went quiet forever)
5. Tum who samundar jo, jisme har sach chupa hai,(you are the sea, which has hidden all the secrets)
6. Pata nahi kisse dhund raha hoon. (I don’t know whom I am searching)


My wandering thoughts on the same :-)

A face may lie but not the voice. What if I haven’t ever seen the person? What do I make out of the voice. And at the times dil aur dimag ke beech ek aise kashmakash hoti hai ki aksar dil jeeta hai, and when the heart wins over the mind, it can sense every word of what a person wants to say even if not said. And even you hate the words, the heart forces you to listen to the voice. Its easier to forget a person’s face, but not the voice, the voice can haunt you in dreams so much that it is difficult to be recalled what it said in dreams unlike a dream with a picture with a series of event in which I can recollect what has happened after what. I used to think it’s the wavelength with the person that brings the comfort level while talking but after hearing to call on shayar, I am wondering it is the wavelength or the voice that makes the difference.

So that means we can say, its not the person to whom relate to but the voice. Well yes I agree to this because at times the excitement in a person triggers my excitement level too and vice versa. So in the beginning what I said we need company or friends to live, to survive, is that company in person or someone to whom we can speak our thoughts. Well I have faced some unique situations in my life, that people may not know what is happening in my life and there would be a person whom I would just pick up the phone, call and tell everything just by saying, don’t give me your comments, let me speak, in the end I will myself find the solutions.

But while doing this, we need to realize that at times the person to whom I spoke to once, may today need me, and that should not be the moment that I should feel his/her voice is a noise. Imagine there was a time, when I spoke, I laughed because I wanted you to laugh, I cried because you cried, I shared your loneliness, although you did share my happiness, but today when I wanted to hear a voice, to change my mood, or share to my mood, I didn’t get the voice that I wanted rather one reluctant response? what would happen then? Then occurs a heart-mind fights and it is sure that mind will win. So contrary, when heart wins, voice and tone and words what’s not said is also understood, but when we don’t get the voice, tone or the words wanted, the mind wins!

And when the series of events has occurred, the voice has given the reluctant response, conveying me to go away from my life, or at times people say it clearly to go away from life and the life which was life for us, leaves us. The voice, which was the life, leaves us.

Then the thought process begins, the words bangs on the head, which were spoken, the tone, the laugh, the cribbing, the crying or whatever it would have been. And I recalled the scene from Dhobi ghat, where the person writes something in the mud and the moment waves come; everything is washed away, yet the waves contains all the secret. And this voice becomes the sea for us.

And finally the voice leaves us. What am I searching in life? The person? The voice? Or the wave? I don’t know what I am searching? Or is it another voice that I am searching for the series of the events to take place? Or am I dreaming just another dream in which I heard a voice, and trying to recall what it said?

No comments:

Post a Comment