Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Choice or The Chance



Yet another book and there comes the next blog! No this time it’s not Cecelia Ahern as I have already finished all her books and waiting for the next one. This time it’s “The choice” by Nicholas spark! Well I feel I have become a book reviewer than a blogger these days as all my blogs are written on some book.

Off late I have been contemplating a lot about the existence of the support system around us, which is hardly acknowledged until we come across with some issues and realize their existence. Well to put it clear, when I see people in my office who clean the washrooms i felt no one cares about their contribution for the company or in our lives. As I see the cafeteria Bhaiya always smiling standing behind the cash counter when he would take the order of the food that we give, we hardly bother their existence in our lives. Recently as I shifted to my service apartment, I wasn’t getting hot water in the tap. Well my age old problem of wanting the “hottest water” even in the “hottest weather” was creating problems for me. I couldn’t sleep all night wondering if the problem would be fixed by tomorrow or not and luckily they did.

Well there are many similar things in life which are thought to happen obviously and we ignore them.
The author had got everything in life but a sudden accident in which his wife goes to coma state, who recovered in the end, made him enjoy the smallest of the things when things got normal. I believe everyone is not as lucky as the author to get the second chance, but I wondered why we do not realize that in the first ever chance and make the most of the “THE PERFECT” life we get. 

Defining the “The perfect life” is to be successful by earning amount of money to live a decently lavish life, which when drilled down would lead to being with friends and family.

Gone are the days when we would be happy with “roti , kapda aur Makan”. Talking about the decently lavish life is where we expect a little beyond the capability. We just don’t want Roti but want “shahi paneer” with that. Kapda of a good brand would make us feel us more confident. Makaan, well we don’t want a house but a “home”.  I feel there is nothing wrong in these expectations. sBetter are the wishes, the more would we strive to achieve them in life. In olden days, people expected less, earned less and got what they want. Hence they were satisfied. In today world, we expect a little more so we work a little more to get what we want.  But the point is, are we satisfied when we achieve what we want? Do we celebrate the success or we just set the next target for the life and move on?

The final destination to happiness is being with family and friends. We earn so that they can live happily. No matter how much we get paid, but it’s the time to get back home from when we are the happiest  as we know someone or there are some people who are there waiting for us. When I live alone, for me it’s the same if I am in office or at home as it’s all about the four walls and laptop but that’s not the case when I am at home with my family. Or rather I spend time at office because my friends are there. We can spend off our life’s earning if we realize that it is going to give one more day of life to our dear ones! Money does bring the support system in place which adds to the happiness or satisfaction level! But more than often it’s the family who are taken for granted, where things are considered to be obvious, which may or may not remain the same tomorrow!

Wondering ………..Is it about the choice in life or the chance in life? Or is it the choice to be happy in the first chance, rather than waiting for the right chance and left with no choice!




No comments:

Post a Comment