Monday, October 7, 2013

Consequences of quitting Facebook

•People no more remember my birthday, nor do I remember anyone’s except for the close friends. So? Good I would have lot of time to talk to people on my birthday rather than taking calls every minute! And I save time as I don’t wish every tom dick and harry on their birthdays on Facebook!

•Some people thought I got married! Good imagination that was! But I did wonder why!

•I got to know who gossip mongers were, as they kept calling to know what’s happening in “MY” life.

•Some didn’t realize also, should that make a difference of having such people as my friends? I wondered

•Some very close and some not so close friends did realize and called me after few months “when did you leave FB?” my reaction was der hai andher nahi, you realized I quit!

•No more do I click self-obsessed photos to post on FB! And neither do I keep checking every minute of how many likes I got! Now I like and love my own self! lol

•I do miss out on some stupid jokes being discussed amongst my friends and colleague, but that’s ohk! Had I been on FB, jokes would have been on me only!

•Well my cousins got really angry, imagining that we took them off from friends list, without realizing that I actually quit! So we have some fights and yet going on with some! But they would eventually understand that FB is for socializing with friends and family would always be family , whether they are on my friends list in FB or I don’t exist on FB

•I have so much time for myself that I don’t know what to do?

•I don’t have to worry who is going to tag me in what comment or what photo!

•I don’t get to know about things like rose day and chocolate day or any other small occasions unless its declared holiday

•No one gets to know my daily mood, whether good or bad and I am glad unwanted people don’t mess around in that case

•Well I don’t get to hear from my friends “how bad my update was” or “how frequent they were” although I did realize they didn’t have any other business than to follow my updates

•I don’t get to see the wedding photos of people. Well I am sure I would soon get to see the photos of the kids of the same couples and I am glad I quit before that! The worst are the wedding invitations posted on FB.

Realization: In the name of social networking, we have stopped the actual networking with the real friends which is more important. The virtuality of life has taken over reality of emotions!

I wish I was on FB to see how many likes I would have got for my blog as soon I would have posted it!:p

No comments:

Post a Comment