Saturday, March 12, 2011

One quiet friends (not a spelling error, I mean the title as it is)

I always believed in having a group of friends doing loud fun, but as I was sitting alone today and wondering who would be the best of friends whom I would invite for my marriage-no I am not getting married now, or i should put it this way, people who should be informed to attend my funeral-No i am dying also now:-).

No doubt the gang of loud people(who understands that I am referring to them while reading this, but they ,I guess never read my blogs, as they are focused on doing loud fun always) would come there, yet some silence prevails.

I have decided to mention about those silent friends here in this blog.

LKG,UKG(nursery and pre nursery’s I don’t remember and neither from 1st to third standard)from 3rd standard to 4th I had serious admirers, mostly guys because of the way they played cricket.

From 5th to 6th I had a quiet friend always, kamal K Sharma, whom I used to call Buddu Ram, we used to sit together and our birthdays were special for us, hers was on 8th November. We hardly used to share anything with each other, but she was my friend in need. I don’t know where on this earth she lives now, but I strongly believe, earth is round , and I will meet her one day.

Then from 6th to 8th I had another friend called Sumitha, about her I knew nothing, she also knew about me partially, but she was my benchmate and my friend in need. After that as my memory tells me, she changed the school, however I exactly don’t remember what was the reason.

From 8th to 10th I honestly don’t remember about a friend in need.
I am not talking about my Best friends, but only the quiet friends, whose presence affected my life, valued equally but was never declared in front of the world.

Then in 11th and 12th, there is a slight change, it wasn’t a girl but a guy-Rohit, and another small difference, he never helped me, but I did. He used to copy everything from my practical files, if he reads this, he would fume up, yes Rohit had the valid reasons why I gave him my files, he wasn’t well and was not able to come to school regularly. I don’t know where is Rohit now!

Without diverting from the topic, during my graduation, Neetu, I made it a point that unlike others, I should know where on this earth she is, and even today a message from her brings smile on my face and makes me remember her smiling face. She never knew me or the problems I had in life nor the happiness, but she was always there when I need her. As mentioned in my earlier blogs, I never attended college; I used to call her to get all the detailed information. She shared with me the news without expecting anything from me. I even now don’t know when is her birthday, but she promptly calls me on mine, I know I am very bad, but I also know she understands me that that’s how I am. I still remember a day when I reached college, once in blue moon, we never used to sit together as I was last bencher and she used to sit in between, she told “Sharanya aaj metrics ka mid term test hai”. Marks would be added in finals!my reaction was like “ SHIT”, she understood I will ask her why didn’t you tell me before and before I could ask her she told me “mujhe khud abhi pata chala”, I was like ab kya Karen? She was like “ Next class me hai I will sit with you in last bench and will study in this class.

I was like you are talking about studying in 45 minutes?pehle mujhe subject ka naam and the book bata,that I am supposed to open for it, was my reaction. I always relied on PN Sir ‘s notes (tuition sir because of whom I cleared the Mathematics Honours!) and I never had any books to study during graduation and PN sir used to teach different chapters at different time, as in not related to what is being taught in college. Notes nahi to kuch bhi nahi. Then she made it a point that I sit next to her and I pass in the internal exam, and I did.:-).

Then came my post graduation, I had one loud big gang of friends but had a quiet friend too. Again this time it was not a girl but a guy who was my quiet friend, Gaurav Lavania, when it is a guy I always helped, unusually I was first bencher as I had to be the gold medalist and wanted to be the first one to be placed, because of the guilt of spending lakhs of rupees of my parents. I used to keep talking about Lavanya (My sis) as I used to miss her since she was in hostel for an year for her post graduation, and Gaurav was called Lavania (his surname) and people misinterpreted that I talked about him. I once screamed Gaurav keep away from me or I will call you bhai and on rakhabandhan , after sadhna I am going to tie rakhi in ur hand…yaar I cant tolerate people making fun. And when i think of the reaction i gave him,how kiddish that was, i still am kiddish, thats a different story.I should say his attitude and my sis was so similar, that I missed my sister less, dono(Lavanya and Lavania) tension party the, I guess things changed during second year, we fought, or our Ego’s clashed (but I never had Ego problem) so I can say misunderstandings that without any reasons we both stopped talking or may be we got busy in our own lives.

In second year I got another quiet friend Preeti, our interactions started in the trip to Sringeri, had fought with my loud gang, I wanted a roommate for the trip and so did she, so I was with her. We started talking, and she became my quiet friend, and then her room in hostel was the place where I took the nap after exams as I used to be awake all night at home for the back to back exams and I wanted that an hours nap. I used to admire her self-centered attitude, the confidence and her hardworking nature, which inspired me more in life.

With this my life of college and studies is over and I am still in the process of exploring the corporate world and looking out for that quiet friend…:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment