Thursday, June 30, 2011

Coincidences happen!

I am in this new world because of my nature to experiment with things, to challenge the life. Don’t know if it’s for good or bad, I am here.

Europe, a world I have been fantasizing about since the time I have seen Kajol and Sharukh khan’s Dil wale Dulhaniya le jaenge. I never wanted my story to be like that, you never know it might be one, but to see Europe was a passion since then.

Today was the first weekend. I had read in namesake book, where googol goes out with a map, looking at things. I wanted to do something similar. I saw the maps and told Priya I am going out. Luckily or unluckily , I reached halfway and realized, I forgot the map……..no don’t worry, I would have freaked out, if the way would have been long, but this distance was so short from place I was living that, I thought, ohk lemme just hang around and explore.

I saw a big supermarket kind of store in front of me. Thought let me go and check out something. I hanged around and finally I went up to pick the favorite things of mine. My first and last love and I guess the only love “Chocolates” .As I did and stood at the billing counter, I realized, I had forgotten my wallet somewhere, I went back and searched few places, and luckily got in one. And then when I was standing, a young boy came and kissed me and said “you look pretty” and I was smiling. And then suddenly everything that was in my hands fell. Things were messy, I thought I am extremely tired, and I should go back home.

When I was going back home, from far I saw someone coming, a face so familiar, I knew it was him, it was Rahul. I started moving ahead in his direction and he was moving faster towards me. Then I stopped at the signal to cross the road, when he just crossed across me, and winked at me. I didn’t know how to respond? Should I be happy that I saw him after so many years, that too in this unknown world where I didn’t expect to meet him, or be sad for the very same reason? Before these thoughts ended in my mind, I turned to call him, and found no one was there. I was smiling, I realized I was hallucinating. I went to my home, temporary home, where everyone was planning something and was shocked to see to back so soon.

As soon as I reached home, Prem, mocked at me, “I am going out, tell her the plan for tonight” and he went out. Prem is my best friend and Priya’s brother. I am here because of the encouragement and inspiration he has given me. He hates me for being so good, and keeps shouting “ tujhe pata hai because you are so good, you get hurt in life”. Take life a little easy. When I go and tell him I don’t want to get married now, he would encourage me, “mat kar shadi, no one can force you to do that”, and if someone does, mera ek friend lawyer hai, we will take his help.” And I would shout “enough, I need to utter a world and you would give all possible solutions, just listen, just shut up and listen when I am tensed, I will find my own solutions by talking things, and he would put a finger on his mouth and laugh, I forget what I was talking also because of his stupid responses.

I looked at Priya taking things from the bag I got from the store, asking “what plans?”She was hesitating initially “yaar we were planning that we may go out for eemmm dinner”, I looked at her “eemmm dinner is a bad idea, I am not joining then”, I knew she was lying, and was trying to hide something. As soon as I said I am not coming, she knew Prem would fume up at not telling me the truth because it was his idea. She said “we are going to a disc”. I looked and said “a very bad idea indeed”, and went to keep things I bought in the place it should be. She shouted back “its Prem’s idea” I said “so what, idea is bad, whomsoever’s it is.” She didn’t know what to say. We cooked food, generally Priya is over the phone, and I am with the books or lappy doing office work. We both do a less of talking.

At 3 again, Prem pitched “you guys not ready?” I looked up and said I am not coming. Priya was ready in her one piece gown. His nautanki started, “see I wouldn’t have bothered, if you aren’t coming, but the entry for couples is free. Priya is coming with her Bf and I also wouldn’t be able to go, if you don’t come”, I smiled, what do you want to say? I said, I am not saying, I am requesting “please come along, I know you don’t drink, but you can always accompany us, right?” he knew I have never been to a disc in India itself, I said in europe?” he was like, “I can assure, people are decent and I am there with you anyways,” I said” that’s what I am scared about”. Finally I agreed, I got ready and joined them.

The moment we entered we all sat in a round table. Prem looked at Priya and then me. I said, go ahead and enjoy, I won’t come again to get you the entry. We ordered things to eat and then people started coming in. I realized the party was starting late, and if these guys would have told me that, I would have never joined in.

Music started banging on the head; they finished three to four bottles of hard drinks and getting me the soft drink along. I run away from English songs, but the party was organized by an Indian and that too a Punjabi, no doubt, Punjabi songs were to play. I was getting nervous if Prem and Priya and John, all would get too high, I even don’t know the way back home, or even the place I went inside dance floor searching for them.

I pulled back Prem, and brought him back to the table, and asked, I said I want to get back home. He was like “Why, just now we have started having fun”. He realized I was tensed, he understood my thoughts and said “you are thinking, if I get high, how would we go back home, right?”and said “ohk, I am not having any more drinks, I am just dancing, some more time and then we would get back home, ohk? I said “alright I am waiting”.

By the time I was waiting, I again saw Rahul entering. Already my mind was banging, and seeing him again here, made my thoughts go back to the thoughts of my past. I looked at Prem, he was thoroughly enjoying. And so were his sister and the friend. They both came back and john ordered in for some more drinks, two for two of them and asked me some name “ohk for you” I was so tensed that I said “hhhmm ohk” . I didn’t realize that he wasn’t aware that I don’t drink hard drinks and ordered one more me. I drank without realizing it. One more , one more and I finished , till I didn’t lose my sense. I went to Prem and we started dancing, and I saw him coming near me, I pointed him to Prem and said “ dekh who yahin hai”, as Prem was my best friend, he knew everything. And rest all is done.

I got up in the morning, it wasn’t Priya’s home, but she was next to me in the bed. My head was aching, I shouted “Priya get up”, where are we? I got to go to office.” She replied “Sunday hai, soa ja”. I said Prem “kahan hai? hum hain kahan?”. Priya replied “we are at his home, Prem must be in his room.

I went out looked at the Hall, with a dining room and open kitchen. I went near the kitchen opened the fridge and drank a bottle of water. And I heard Rahul saying “Hey Hi, good morning”. I looked at him confused “Hi John, seems my hangover is still not got over, and he asked “do I look like John?” I thought that was Prem and he looks like him because of hangover, I said “Prem sorry, mera itna headache ho raha hai, aaj kya day hai?” he said “Sunday”. I was like “thank god, by the way teri awaz bhi mujhe Rahul ki awaz ki tarah lag rahi hai, I will go mad, let me sleep for some more time. As I turned back to go to Priya’s room, I saw Prem and john coming out from other room.

I tightly closed my eyes, Prem shouted,” are you alright?”, I shouted, what was that drink, that John got for me?” he looked at John, and he said some name, and Prem shouted “God, she don’t drink Hard drinks” and I shouted “ was that one?”. Prem is like “chill maar , jo ho gaya so gaya”. I said “thanda paani lakar if you will pour on my head na, tab bhi I won’t be able to chill, you know what, I was already hallucinating about him and this hangover is worse. I am seeing him everywhere, I was able to hear his voice also now”, I turned back, pointing to the place where I saw Rahul “see I saw him, right there in the kitchen”. When I turned to Prem and john, Rahul also was standing with them, I was numb for few minutes, and they all were laughing madly.

I went near him, I touched him on his cheeks, I knew he was real; I gave him a real tight Slap. John and Prem stopped laughing. I gave Prem also a tight slap and went to the room where Priya with tears in my eyes.

She was like “ Aaj Sunday hai, so Ja”. I just didn’t know what I have to do. Prem came and woke Priya and said, Chal aaj Monday hai, he was still smiling looking at me. I asked “where are you taking her?” he smiled back “to pour a bottle of water, she won’t get away with this normally”.

And when Prem went out, he entered the room. I wanted to move out as well, Rahul caught my arm and pulled me back, I need to talk to you. I was really angry at him “anything left to talk? I don’t think so.” He was like I felt the same till last night, but not after hearing to what you were blabbering when you were drunk. Damn now I don’t remember what I was saying also. I snapped back, that may not be the truth, I was drunk, leave me, I got to go home.

And he said “you remember you used to say, a person says the truth when he is drunk” and wantedly you used to call me, when I used go out for drinks with friends. He instigated me to talk, I said “and you used to say, I don’t talk when I am drunk”. He started “but you have always been different from me, you cried like a baby yesterday”, I felt frustrated, “let me go, I don’t remember anything” and he shouted back, “then listen that’s what I want to tell you”. Prem opened the door “guys everything ohk ?” we both talked at the same time I said “ not ohk”, and he said “ ohk, leave us alone please” . I shouted, “Prem take me back home”, he said “let him talk, you talked your entire bit yesterday.” He said I am sorry, I thought you got married and that’s why never tried talking to you all these years. I didn’t speak anything. He wanted me to, but I knew talking a word means I would land up crying.

I had to be rude; he has hurt me so much. I had cried days and night, I troubled my family, I was running away from marriage, all this for a guy, who didn’t know how to fight his family, for him career was everything, who didn’t know what love meant. I suffered in all the embarrassments, all for just one things that I loved him. In return what I had got was, “I want to focus on my career, and we don’t have a future”.

I shouted back the same words “I want to focus on my career and we don’t have a future” and I moved out of the room crying and I wished I should never see him again in my life!

Note: The story is purely imaginative and any resemblance to any person or incident is fictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment