Thursday, May 19, 2011

full on full stop's


Before joining wipro my take about my life was very casual and all my message and mails never ended with a full stop but went on with “……….” And can say, I was a full on full stopper. Even words never happened to have right spellings and I never cared. One fine day (assuming fine, it was rather superfine) I was asked to join the corporate world, the wipro world where life takes place on mails (about which I was completely unaware of).

When I was in college people and friends used to say “ long term relationships never works and I always opposed them or kept quiet and when I went on arguments they used to ask how can people be in a relationship without actually meeting in meeting person , just over the chats messages , calls and mail? I was like ……… as in I went quiet, without knowing what am I supposed to argue back. Let it happen with those happening and let it not with those it doesn’t.

After joining wipro, I learnt how to send mails, I don’t know if I actually learnt it right, but I can say I am managing to write mails and to say life, the virtual life is going on.

And today when I go back to read my blogs, I see the full stops….question marks ??????and letters and spelling difference. Blogs had thousand’s of these extra full stops and question marks. And now has got reduced to one full stop and one question in corporate style, and believe me for first few months, I used to feel so bad that my college never taught me email etiquette and wished they had so that I could have avoided this initial tensions of writing official E-mails.

And another fine day, I was sitting at office and readings blogs. Well that’s official blog site of wipro, that’s something we are allowed to and have access to. I always preferred to write my own blogs, but off late looking for some motivation and in search of topics to write, I started reading them. And today I came across an interesting poem whose title was “Ok, A full Stop”

As I was reading this poem I was thinking what if I put more than one full stop? And then I wondered more than one full stop leads to continuity. I just couldn’t resist but to open a word document (well I have become an excel’iite, I mean excel using person since the time I joined wipro), but today I opened word document and I had put one “.” In the first line and in the second line”……….” And I wondered on the full stop means end and full stop’s represents the continuity of life.

I started to think, what was the last thing in life that I had put a full stop to? Well the thing I am referring to is life’s instances and not the literary words. Ironically I understood that when I was casual (the person described in first Para), when my sentences never had a one full stop, but always had full stop’s leading to continuity , I was actually able to put full stops to real life situations. I was casual, but that attitude let me get over with something. People loved that Sharanya in me putting full on full stops… but giving a full stop to what she never wanted.

But now in reality, when i am not casual towards life, giving full stop only in sentences and talk to people with sympathy or empathy and not being casual, those whom I want to love me, hates me and I am in life not able to put one full stop in actual situation. I am clinging on to things, I want them to go one, move ahead the way I want, which never is, I am not able to control anything and I am not able to forget things or accept things………………….and finally the I am back to my full on full stops not because of casualness but out of frustration that I was better off with them rather than just a full stop in the sentences and not able to put full stops in life and start with a new sentence!!!!!!

But the perceptions once formed never changes, people here think I am one full stop kinds, and those of whom, who know me as full on full stopper, never think, I tend to change, reason I still don’t understand myself.

The full on full stopper in me had taught people to live, don’t just put one full stop….put more and see how life goes on…. made their lives move ahead, now they don’t understand that I am not able to put a single full stop because the full on full stopper got lost in this corporate world! I want full stops from your end to move forward in life but you have already put a full stop for me!

1 comment: