Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The reading window




I was sitting in my reading window, reading the book “wedding”, thinking how a person can re-love a person, as the author thinks to court his wife again after 30 years of their marriage.

Whenever I read any book, there have been people who are very close to me, has felt so frustrated and irritated that they would shout on me to stop it. But I can’t once I begin with a book. The reason for each member would be different in saying so. Parents felt that I ignored my studies or work; friends felt I ignored talking to them when I get lost in the world of books and my sis would often say, the book you are reading gets reflected in your language & attitude.

While reading I looked out of the window, and was wondering how has all this happened? The life, which has ever been so rough, the up’s and downs of life being so huge, yet I achieved everything, the way I wanted and all are living happily. I was sitting in the window wondering this when I was bought a cup of coffee and shooted with a question “Do you want to take leave and sleep or get ready and go to office? I smiled back saying I will go to office.” I managed to read the book all night and complete it. I wanted to celebrate my achievement than taking leave and sleep.

I knew it was out of frustration that he was asking this question, but I knew, Now that I have finished the book, few hours or may be few days and everything will be all right.

When we were driving down to office, he asked, what do find so interesting in the books that you feel like ignoring me? He doesn’t like reading novels; it’s all the management stuff or newspaper which he reads. I also read that kind of stuff; however with novels I live my life. I didn’t bother to answer to the question he asked, as I was still in the life of my novel and asked, “have you ever of thought of courting me again?” and he was in the normal world and didn’t answer back. Was a pretty normal reaction, I ignored his question and he ignored mine. :-)

The thought didn’t go out of my mind. The author was so romantic and I also felt I should do something to revive the dull life of ours, where we have lost the excitement of meeting which we once had.

Well it’s easier to give surprises to a person, whose reaction would be good, but as far as he is concerned, COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. Well even I am, but my unpredictability is because of happenings around, which gets reflected in my mood. If I would go out for a team lunch, I would be happy when I am backing home. When I would have hell out of work, which I would have brought back home to complete, don’t expect me to be cool. But he was always unpredictable, irrespective of things around.

We don’t forget the special days like birthdays of each other like author did, but we don’t make them very special either, for once we used to. I used to think for months to do something special, and he used to always give me shocks on the special occasions as gifts, but I got so used to these that any shock no longer is shock for me and so isn’t there any excitement. We have two keys, so whoever would come home first would cook for both out of the defined schedule of menu, put in the wall of my kitchen. I know, throwing shoes or chappals off wherever in the house mean a fight next morning, as he is more of a cleanliness freak than me, and want them to be put in the stand as soon as we enter home. So I have got used to putting them in rack as soon as I entered.

But today I wanted to do something. Even if he was in bad mood after returning from work, I wanted to tell him, I don’t want to live life, I wanted to enjoy life. I messaged, “not coming home, staying at Radhika’s place, has all school friends meet at her home tonight”. It was normal for him, as I am used to staying at my sister and friends place during the cricket matches and at times their respective husbands would choose to stay at my home, so that we wouldn’t disturb them from watching match and they wouldn’t disturb our sleep or gossips.

I had decided to give him a shock, so almost after an hour of my usual arrival time, I reached home, opened the door with my keys and I banged on with his shoes, wanted to shout, but I smiled thinking he don’t keep them in rack in my absence. I opened our room door, and HE WAS READING the NOVEL “Wedding”. He looked up in shock and asked, “You were to stay at your friends home right?” I replied,” I was missing you, looking at the book in his hand”. Asked in complete shock “you are reading the book? He smiled back and said, wanted to know how the author courted his wife again. I couldn’t resist smiling and he didn’t stop with that, “by the way do you know I read all the books immediately after you finish reading them in your absence.” I was stunned, knowing him for so many years, I didn’t even think about this secret he had been hiding. I asked “but why” to which he said “wanted to know what do find so interesting in the books that you feel like ignoring me?” I said you can never understand that, and he pleaded and said, tell me why, I said “why I liked to read novel is see the frustration in your face, wondering I am neglecting you. So it’s not the novel that’s interesting but your reaction when I am reading them.”

Express what you feel. We develop understanding with time, but we can’t define understanding as love. Recreate love and relive your life again, as we have only one life by default, but to live again and again is the option left with us.

Note: The story is purely imaginative and any resemblance to any person or incident is fictions.

2 comments: