Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Making the right choice or left with no choice! Which is better?



I woke up with the smell of the wet mud immediately after the mild rainfall, and I went across the window looking at the open ground and I saw few young kids playing in the ground and few beneath the tree.

I was watching their actions and saw two girls playing in the ground, running and catching each other. And beneath the tree were three kids playing, two boys and a girl. As I was observing the actions youngest one being the naughtiest would often run outside the tree to get wet in the rain drizzling and two elder siblings pulling him back inside the tree saying don’t get wet and eldest brother wiping the water from the youngest one after every attempt of his to go out in the rain and play.

I looked beyond, to a level higher at the tree, which was waving in all possible different directions, welcoming the rain with the colors being the brightest, the leaves completely fresh. It got on itself all the mild showers and the place below being the dry as compared to others. I kept my eyes moving in all three possible places, the tree, three kids under the tree and two girls playing outside. And within few seconds the rainfall had become heavier, the tree no longer was able to keep the showers to itself and the place below started getting wet and so were the kids under tree and the younger one started smiling to it and the other two kids started out to run in search of a shelter and the girl crying thinking what would happen to the younger brother, shouting at him to come back in the shelter. At the same time I noticed the two girls, they started rejoicing the rain and started playing or rather started dancing in the rain. The two elder kids searched a shelter to avoid getting wet and the younger one joined the girls to rejoice the life.

As I was watching the event I was wondering this is not just an event but this is life. Tree being parents, or rather protective parents who try to give shade to their children as much as possible and there would be a day when rainfall is going to be heavier that a parent would be unable to protect their children and let them out to learn on their own. Then you would be directed by your siblings, and the choice comes to us ultimately as to how I want to enjoy the life or be stressed in the scene of remaining protected. And by the time parents realize that they shouldn’t have protected the kids, patjhad ka mausam aa jata hai , the season where the trees shed leaves at times due to circumstances or at times destiny makes it happen. I believe the way girls lived their life was better, as they choose to live happily in the rain and the drizzling and accepted both with equal happiness.

Suddenly I got up and found myself crying hugging a painting of a tree of mine and realized I was one under the shelter trying to be protected always either by the parents or by siblings or by friends & relatives.

And In the evening when I was contemplating on my dream I went and stood at the chaat wala shop in the office and went and told, “Give me one samosa” and he said “madam samosa nahi hai, wada paav de dun?” I had no choice to make to I happily agreed and said yes for wada paav. Then I understood if we have no choices to make, life would be much easier as we would accept things if not to choose the right things like the two girls in my dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment